Welfare Reform Assistant - Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Linc Head Office, Cardiff
Increasingly recognised in Wales as a leader in our field, Linc provide high quality rented accommodation, affordable home ownership and homes for older people.
Big changes are coming in welfare benefits. Not all our tenants know if or how they will be affected. As a result we are seeking to recruit a customer focused Welfare Reform Assistant in a new and proactive role within our Homes Team.
Your role will be to complete assessment interviews by telephone and home visits, with tenants most at risk from the welfare benefit changes and offering basic advice regarding the options available to them, to plan for the future.
Other duties will include:
· Gather detailed information from our tenants to inform future strategies.
· Raise awareness of welfare reform changes with tenants.
· Promote the tenant profiling project to all staff.
· Coordinate the input of data to maximise the information held by Linc on our tenants.
· Compile reports and undertake analysis of data relating to individual tenancies and neighbourhoods.
· Promote our ‘Money Advice Service', increasing referrals to the Money Advice Team.
You will be friendly and approachable, have excellent communications skills (ideally including interviewing techniques) with a real dedication to treating tenants as valued individuals. You must also have a current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work.
Our Core Values: FOCUSSED . POSITIVE . INNOVATIVE
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm, Friday 6th July 2012
Interviews to take place week commencing 16th July 2012
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we particularly welcome applications from black and other minority ethnic communities which are currently under represented within the organisation.